Monday, October 31, 2022

Top Five Sources of News and Information

Introduction 
    As social media continues to grow, finding news sources is becoming easier every day. Although I'm not the type to check the news often, I do like to stay on top of current events happening in the world. Because of this, it's my job to use multiple news sources to fact check all of the information I am receiving. 


Apple News
    My first news source is Apple News. I decided to rank this as number one because this is the source I check the most. It's a convenient app on all of my electronics that is constantly updating and posting the latest news articles. Apple News isn't just one source, it posts news stories from hundreds of leading magazines and newspapers including The Wall Street Journal, Vox, and The Washington Post. Not only can you read these posts, but you can also listen to these stories anywhere and anytime. Apple News does however require a subscription, but after using my one month free trial, I decided the subscription would be extremely worth it. 



CNN HLN 
    My second news source is CNN Headline News. Growing up, my mom would turn on HLN every morning and watch Robin Meade while she was getting ready for work. This became part of my morning routine too. If I were to read something on Apple News or turn on the TV to watch new media, this is what I would turn to. 



TikTok 
    My third news source is TikTok. Although TikTok doesn't sound like a reliable source, there are some unbiased people who post about important news and instances happening in the world. What I focus on is celebrity media. I will always stumble upon a TikToker talking about the Kardashians or the latest celebrity gossip! However, I know better to fact check whatever I read or see on this app.


Youtube 
    My fourth news source is Youtube. I find myself going to YouTube at the end of my day and watching videos for hours. It's easy to fall down a rabbit hole of random videos, which most of the time I end up doing. Once I find a video relating to the most recent news going on, I usually continue to watch similar videos. I like to watch recent interviews, late night show clips, and short videos from television news sources summarizing a related topic. 

Yahoo News 
    My fifth and final news source is Yahoo News. I like Yahoo News because of the main topics it has listed at the top of the website. Relative topics like Covid-19, politics, health, climate change, the US, and around the world. The main page is full of articles about random topics and from there once you click on the one you want to read, it's easy to find your interests. The side ads can be a little distracting, but this has always been a classic news source for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

    Technology today is an essential tool that we simply cannot avoid, it plays a crucial part in the majority of our daily life. It has dev...