Sunday, November 13, 2022

Antiwar

    I've never had a reason to think about antiwar or even develop an opinion about it. Now, it's ironic how the country of freedom and free speech is hushed when we start speaking up about the government or more specifically how we disagree with the government. I'm trying to remember the last time I've heard anything on social media or the news about antiwar movements and nothing comes to mind. 



    I had no idea antiwar websites even existed, so after reading through The American Conservative website I was appalled at all of the information I found. There were so many articles to read through that weren't outdated. All of them were up to date speaking about recent news going on in America right now. I was able to get a different look at the idea and compare it to what I see on the news or social media. An article that stood out to me was titled, "The States Choose Death."This is a very loud title that could trigger a lot of controversy which is why I chose to read it. I knew about all of the drama surrounding abortion laws, but I was not up to date with the recent election results. I truly enjoyed reading from a different angle about the situation. 
    Another website is ANTIWAR.COM which is flooded with information regarding current events not just from the U.S. but all over the world. When first opening the website I was extremely overwhelmed with the amount of news and links surrounding the page. The ability to have one website full of information from all over the world with a much broader perspective is more of what needs to be shown on more popular news sources. Within each topic is a page full of information diving deeper into just the basic title. 

    After reading through these websites and getting a better understanding of each situation, I honestly much prefer this type of news outlet. You get another side of the story that isn't silenced by our main media outlet. I look forward to discovering what else the media isn't purposefully talking about with these current issues. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

    Technology today is an essential tool that we simply cannot avoid, it plays a crucial part in the majority of our daily life. It has dev...