Thursday, November 3, 2022

The Supreme Court


The term “Supreme Court,” has always sounded intimidating to me. It’s common knowledge that the supreme court hold a high power within the United States Government. However, I learned so much while watching the video, and I think that a lot of this is unknown to most of the public. The video highlighted the importance of justices and how they determine what is and is not constitutional. The supreme court consists of 9 justices and one chief justice. Their duty is to manage judicial orders, for example, impeachment trials for the president. 



I had no idea that the supreme court can receive up to 7,000 cases a year! It’s interesting how they determine which cases are important enough to follow through. I didn’t know that whenever a new justice joins, a new picture is taken. I like how they keep everything updated and we can put names to faces when talking about the justices. I learned that since the start of the supreme court, there have been more than 100 justices each serving an average of 16 years. I found it interesting how the justices don’t really work together most of the time. They all individually do their own work and then come together, shake each persons’ hand, and discuss.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

    Technology today is an essential tool that we simply cannot avoid, it plays a crucial part in the majority of our daily life. It has dev...